Are you a self-starter with a background in process control instrumentation, electrical, and industrial electronics? If the answer is “yes” then Doe Run’s Instrumentation Technician could be a great opportunity for you!
The Doe Run Company is seeking an Instrumentation Technician that supports the operations by ensuring the instruments involved and functional and calibrated properly while safety maintaining production goals. This position is located in Southeast Missouri at our Resource Recycling Division in Boss.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and conduct periodic calibration of instruments on a wide range of equipment such as analyzers, PLC and process control equipment, communications network, environmental emission and data logging equipment for environmental compliance, operating cameras and field monitoring equipment.
- Rebuild equipment, including requisition and order parts, tear down, and re-build existing equipment, as needed.
- Install, program, and calibrate new equipment. Evaluate latest technologies for feasibility and efficiencies.
- Train operational staff on proper use of equipment.
- Create drawings and documents for future reference. Maintain records of maintenance projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of measurement test equipment, reading wire diagrams and schematics.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with process control instrumentation, electrical, and industrial electronics OR a Technical Degree.
- Valid, current driver’s license.
- Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid (non-weather) conditions.
- Occasionally required to wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, fall protection, a respirator, hearing protection, and eyewear.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to use repetitive motion and reach with hands/arms.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, Mo. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.