Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the Finance team of which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results.
Why this job: The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is seeking a Special Assistant to the Principal and CEO. By directly supporting TEP’s school leaders, this individual will have an opportunity to play a critical role in a revolutionary school model that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is seeking an intense, fun, on-the-ground learning experience that touches all aspects of urban education, including curriculum, instruction, operations, finance, and personnel.
Position overview: The Special Assistant to the Principal and CEO is focused on one overarching goal: to make the Principal and CEO more efficient and effective leaders by creating capacity for them to focus on TEP’s most important priorities. This individual manages the daily communications, calendar, and workflow of both the Principal and CEO. In so doing, the individual will need to represent these two leaders effectively with TEP staff, families, and external visitors, exercise outstanding judgment on sensitive matters and support the Principal and CEO in triaging and troubleshooting day-to-day challenges.
- Strategically manage the calendars of the Principal and CEO by scheduling all meetings, events, and work-time, ensuring that time is allocated to balance immediate needs with long-term priorities
- Process all communications sent to the Principal and CEO by managing both email inboxes, assessing the importance and urgency of messages, and supporting timely and effective responses
- Produce daily memos for the Principal and CEO that delineate their immediate action-items and long-term projects, summarize all critical communications from the day, and provide an updated daily snapshot of key organizational data
- Execute special projects relating to initiatives that extend from the work of the Principal and CEO; these projects grow in scope as the individual develops organizational knowledge
- Advise the Principal and CEO on ideas to support organizational development and serve as a sounding board for the leaders regarding a range of topics
- Possesses unwavering integrity and trustworthiness; exercises sound judgment with a deep sensitivity to maintaining confidential information
- Excels at interpersonal relationships by listening attentively, building trust, communicating clearly, and interacting with others respectfully at all times
- Demonstrates very strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with a keen awareness that getting the details right is critical to organizational success
- Is a systems-oriented thinker who analyzes information thoughtfully and develops sustainable systems that promote efficiency and improve outcomes
- And . . . has a sense of humor!
Accountability: The Special Assistant to the Principal and CEO reports directly to TEP’s Principal and CEO.
Compensation: The Special Assistant to the Principal and CEO earns a competitive annual salary in the range of $60K to $70K, based on the individual’s experience level. A robust benefits package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance.