Company: The Farmer’s Cow Calfé and Creamery
Position: Social Media Specialist Intern
Time Commitment: Part-time, approximately 14-weeks (Roughly 5-10 hours weekly or 126 hours total)
Paid or Unpaid: Unpaid internship. Opportunity to continue as a paid employee upon completion.
Location: Primarily remote, some on-site events at 86 Storrs Rd, Mansfield Center, CT 06250
The Farmer’s Cow Calfé and Creamery (FCCC) is a farm-to-table restaurant located in Mansfield Center, CT, originally developed in 2005 through a co-op of six family-owned farms who own the Farmer’s Cow brand. In 2019 the restaurant was taken over by new management and the process began to turn the single flagship location into a national fast-casual chain.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, creative, and motivated intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, specifically various social media platforms. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, communication skills, professionalism, and the desire to be a team player. The intern will work directly with our President, VP of Development, and the Marketing Team on developing and executing our marketing efforts by utilizing various social media platforms to increase our social media presence/audience, develop new business, increase awareness, and expand engagement.
This position is for an intern who wants to learn and gain real-life marketing/advertising experience with a growing company and professional and seasoned team; however, this is also a position with flexibility and unlimited potential. We are looking for an intern who is eager to make this their own and put their stamp on its success, an intern who is motivated and enthusiastic to build something great!
Responsibilities may include:
- Participation in phone and Zoom meetings (Flexible with academic responsibilities)
- Attending on-site events (Flexible with academic responsibilities)
- Provide support with and taking on social media efforts; monitoring and posting on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Assisting with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok and more
- Optimizing website and social media integration
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mockups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Monitoring social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Major or Minor in Marketing/Advertising/Business/Communications
- Experience with digital and social media platforms
- Solid understanding of various markets and demographics
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Energetic and creative
- Hard-working and team-oriented
- Bonus – experience with photo/video editing programs/software
- Practical experience with marketing and social media campaigns
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Paid employment possible upon successful completion of internship
To apply via email, please send cover letter and resume to Steve Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** If willing, please include personal social media handles with cover letter ***
Application Start Date – September 27th, 2021
Application End Date – Open until filled