We are seeking hard working, dedicated early childhood professionals who are looking to make a difference in a child’s life. A Support Teacher at The Goddard School is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment, in addition to working together with Assistant and Lead Teachers and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
A Support Teacher at The Goddard School is responsible for helping to establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally, an Assistant Teacher is responsible for working with a Lead Teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
A Support Teacher must meet the qualifications of the State of Connecticut, Office of Early Childhood AND the following
- Understand and support the education program using “learning through play” philosophy;
- Interact closely with children at their level;
- Keep children within sight and sound supervision at all times;
- Change children’s diapers and/or assist in toileting (where necessary);
- Understand and comply with the franchisee’s employment policies;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with school personnel, children and parents;
- Handle crisis situations, including assisting in evacuating the building during emergencies; and
- Comply in all respects with all applicable laws and regulations relating to childcare.
An offer of employment may be made contingent on Staffing requirements per the State of Connecticut Office of Early Childhood Statues and Regulations for Child Care Centers
Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
Advance children’s physical and intellectual competence
Support each child’s social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
Establish positive and effective family relations
Ensure an effective program, responsive to children’s needs
Maintain professional commitment