Community Outreach Specialist – Job Description
Be a part of the next big thing! The Junkluggers is a caring alternative to traditional junk removal with a commitment to enhancing lives, communities and the environment by donating, recycling and supporting local charity partners.
Now is the perfect time to join our fast-growing franchise company, working directly with our incredible teams at Remix Market and Junkluggers LLC. Our Home Office team is a core team of ambitious, dedicated and fun people who like to work hard and enjoy what we do. This is a great place to evolve and grow with a quickly expanding company, where you will be working with like-minded individuals. This position is PERFECT for someone on the rise with a go-getter and proactive attitude. We are looking for a completionist who can execute all the awesome projects we have going on here at The Junkluggers.
Checkout out website here.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
For the role as Donations Coordinator to be successful in 2020:
● Manage existing donation center & non-profit relationships & nurture them
● Conducting outreach to new potential charity partners via cold calling, networking events , etc
● Respond to any customers’ questions, inquiries and/or complaints via email or phone, as necessary
● Create Instagram content to engage and expand social media presence (daily story posts, idea creation for new content, etc)
● Arrange donation drop-offs/pick-ups at Remix Market & effectively communicate with Remix team
● Coordinate donation pickups on-site for large projects via email blast
● Participate in weekly Remix team meetings as well as 1-1s with General Manager
● Design and suggest alternatives for existing Remix Market procedures (warehouse layout, identifying and managing multiple channels for outgoing items, donation email templates, etc)
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be accountable and responsible
- Have a positive attitude and be a high energy, team player with a desire to learn & grow
- Work well in a fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing environment
- Have strong communication skills in person and through email
- Have a sharp attention to detail
- Be a self-starter and proactively take initiative on projects with light guidance
- Have thorough research skills for finding creative ideas, identifying trends, and gathering insights
- Must have access to a computer with a camera that has capabilities for Google Hangout and Zoom
- Must have access to a phone to make calls
- Must be available approximately 15 hours per week
- Hours will occur between 8:30 – 4 pm M-F
- Intern is expected to be available via mail/phone/video communication during pre-agreed to working hours during this period
- Research skills, ability to summarize and synthesize information, excellent written communication skills. Experience with Social Media
- Comfortable with verbal, email communication with a customer service orientaiton
- Prior administrative experience is a plus.
- Be able to work independently.
- Experience meeting to discuss projects through virtual conferencing platforms (ZOOM, etc.)
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office (Excel & Powerpoint).
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.