The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for a Customer Service Representative to provide exceptional customer service to subscriber and non-subscribers via inbound telephone and email inquiries.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer service to subscriber and non-subscribers via inbound telephone and email inquiries.
- Research, respond and resolve various subscriber inquiries regarding subscriptions, delivery, billing and access to digital products via computer, laptop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Utilize proactive persuasion/retention skills to turn cancellation requests into sales and save opportunities by identifying customer needs.
- Responsible for utilizing multiple customer and vendor databases to access, change or input account and transactional data.
Who We’re Looking For
- MUST BE PUNCTUAL AND DEPENDABLE
- Professional speaking voice and good diction
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Fast paced environment – must be flexible and able to multi-task
- This position requires sitting and use of telephone/computer/mouse for extended periods of time
Other Things to Know
- 24 hours per week
- REQUIRED to work Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am to 12:00 Noon. Plus 3 additional days during the week either 8:00 am to 1:00 pm or 10:00 am to 3:00 pm depending on business needs at the time of hire.
- College Students: School schedules are taken into consideration. We attempt to coordinate days of the week in tandem with class schedules when possible.
- Rate: $12.70/hr
*We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.