The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
Our Printing & Distribution is a fast pace operation and is open 24 hours, seven days a week. Contractors in this role play an integral part in the operation as front-line workers. The Newspaper Carrier will support the distribution of newspapers to home delivery subscribers. This role is a part-time independent contractor position.
What You’ll Do
- Retrieve the day’s newspapers from the pickup location
- Deliver newspapers along designated route
- Have ownership of a specific newspaper delivery area
- Have the opportunity to make additional compensation once monthly delivery goals are met
Who We’re Looking For
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Car registration
- Vehicle insurance
- Available early morning hours, 1 – 3 a.m. shift start
- Must work seven days a week
- This role customer service oriented, able to work in a team environment and be self-motivated.
Other Things to Know
*We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.