The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
The Delivery Assistant will support the distribution of newspapers to home delivery subscribers. The position will also assist in warehouse setup duties and orientation of new carriers. In addition, the candidate should be customer service oriented, able to work in a team environment and be self-motivated.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the daily setup of jobs newspaper bundles for carriers at the warehouse
- Take new carrier on routes for orientation
- Deliver newspapers on ‘open routes’ when needed
Who We’re Looking For
- Access to an insured and reliable vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License
- Comfortable driving in adverse weather conditions
- Able to work early AM hours 1:00 am – 7:00 am
- Familiar with a geographic area
- Capable of reading maps, GPS and follow directions
- Understanding of the importance of good customer service
- Ability to work independently
Locations of Open Positions
- North Wales
Other Things to Know
*We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.