The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
- Teachers within the After School Program shall assist with childcare in a designated student to teacher ratio in the program.
- Responsible for complying with policies as outlined in the Parent and Staff Handbooks.
- Ensure student safety and follow appropriate emergency protocols.
- Assist other teachers, assistants and aides as necessary.
- Maintain a specific weekly work schedule to accommodate the program’s effectiveness.
- Implement enriching after school activities for children at the appropriate age level.
- Assist children with school homework as requested.
- Keep the Site Coordinator and Program Director informed of any specific behavioral problems or program issues.
- Any other duties as required by the Program Director for the position.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee but is in accordance with the terms of the contract for the position and is subject to change as the needs of the Burlington School Department and requirements of the job changes.