Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 140 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverse Technical Interns for Construction Management area for our Summer 2022 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Our Technical Interns:
- Learn to develop and manage project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Gain exposure to compliance matters at the federal, state and local levels by studying existing codes and ordinances as related to the application of construction management and engineering principals.
- Work with construction, structural and civil engineering personnel to work as a team and further projects and provide technical guidance to a design team.
- Review the work of other personnel to assure accuracy and conformance to requirements.
- Perform individual, routine tasks on a project to learn good construction management practices and procedures.
- Performs tasks involving routine construction management calculations and the preparation of basic project activities.
- Gathers and records information to be used in writing specifications and material requisitions.
- Organizes and tracks various project activities i.e. material requisitions, vendor submittals etc.
- Prepares tables and written material for routine technical reports.
- Gathers, organizes and maintains data sets for specific segments of a project.
- Learn discipline specific software packages.
- Interfaces with the engineering group.
- Performs assigned tasks with constant, vigilant, attention to safe work practices.
- Reviews vendor bids to determine compliance with specifications.
- Interfaces with client’s representatives.
- Gain experience with materials and equipment associated with produced fluid, refined product and natural gas pipelines and pipeline facilities including but not limited to: compressor stations, meter and regulator stations, and pump stations.
As required, these positions may be assigned to a field office to encounter industry methods and equipment, and to contribute to project construction support or field related engineering functions. In such cases, duties will be specific in nature, under the direct supervision of a more experienced engineer.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pursuing Bachelor or Associate Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses solid technical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, detail orientated person
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Honest, fun, hard-working and ready to learn and grow
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disable