Electrical Engineering Intern, Hartford, Connecticut
Triax Technologies, Inc. develops technology devices for construction site connectivity to improve the safety of workers and keep productivity moving forward. We are committed to delivering the first genuinely connected worksite, partnering with dedicated industry leaders, solution providers, and experts to enable real-time, data-driven project, workforce, equipment, and safety management.
This is an exciting opportunity! We are looking for a dynamic Electrical Engineering Intern to join our Triax Technologies Engineering team for the summer of 2021. The Electrical Engineering Intern will gain meaningful work experience by assisting our team with Triax projects.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide Electrical Support for prototype fabrication and field roll-out. This may include but not be limited to soldering, wiring, continuity testing, troubleshooting hardware with support from more experienced staff.
- Ability to operate basic test instruments and use this skill in running tests on prototypes and production change order evaluations as directed to prove out designs. Basic skills in using multimeters, oscilloscopes, temperature sensors, and signal generators (<50Mhz) are desired.
- Provide work instructions for rework of electronic assemblies supporting both production and product development when using an external contractor. Typically, this uses Microsoft Word and photos to explain how to make desired changes in a repeatable manner.
- Contribute to creating/editing production test plans and test methods for production hardware.
- Support efforts in sustaining engineering, explicitly assisting in locating alternate parts for items that are currently unavailable. This will apply basic components (such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, semiconductors) and use various Web-based search tools to find parts that have requisite lead times, price, and characteristics.
- Provide Electrical support for design reviews in product development as assigned. This includes but may not be limited to checking schematics, wiring diagrams, and assembly drawings.
- Some understanding of the mechanical design/assembly of small electronic products is desirable—specifically, using fasteners and hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and cutters.
- Conduct basic calculations and layouts for new prototype projects
- Collaborate with electrical and software engineers to test, troubleshoot, and prove out new designs
- Assist in expanding and maintaining a library of Triax PCBA components. Help to evaluate alternate parts to ensure production can keep on schedule
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree program or a Graduate.
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing, construction environment on a project with expedited construction schedules.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development, or diagnostic equipment, including test software, general instrumentation, and complex test systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Altium PCBA software is a plus
- The ability to read an electrical/electronic schematic is strongly desirable.