The main functions of this position are to assist fellow analysts, associates and senior level officers in the origination and execution of advisory and capital markets transactions; and to assist with marketing initiatives. This individual will support members of the TrueNorth team in the research and analysis of financial data as well as the preparation of presentations, models, materials and pitch books.
- Working closely with analysts, associates and senior bankers in all stages of transaction execution.
- Provide analytical and administrative support to the senior members through the preparation of presentations and pitch materials.
- Research and analyze financial and operating information relating to companies and industries.
- Complete due diligence on new and existing client relationships.
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analysis as part of client/industry evaluations.
- Create statistical exhibits and trend analysis of financial performance for client presentations.
- Compile industry landscape presentations. Interact with various product areas across the firm and globally to facilitate transaction execution and client needs.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and systems. Works well in a diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, verbally or in writing to management as well as interact comfortably with clients.
- Ability to prepare cash flow analyses, ability to read and interpret financial statements, and strong accounting skills. Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Excellent research skills and resourcefulness.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree from a well-regarded institution.