Research Engineer (logistics, ops research-related) – Reviewed & Formatted
Remote workers allowed
The incumbent will join a multi-disciplinary team comprised of CRREL, ERDC, other government agencies, industry, universities, and other non-federal laboratories conducting R&D to support the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), better known as the “Amazon for the Department of Defense.” In this team, you will support DLA as they embark on a 5-year modernization plan (as well as other Federal agencies down the road) on topics to include:
- Modeling/simulation (analyze component system changes such as auto-store and pick technologies, robotics deliveries on installations, other challenges);
- Inventory control modernization (improve and automate inventory control across 24 Dist. Centers);
- Process optimization & analysis (analyze inefficient processes to increase delivery speed, other);
- 3D mapping (seamless map inside, outside warehouse to include installation-level, with multiple data layers to inform various decisions);
- IT upgrades (warehouse management system changes, data architecture, other).
We are very flexible on what projects you can be contributing to as we are rapidly growing in a number of areas with a variety of Federal customers, so email to setup an interview and see if you’re a good fit in one or more areas!
Initial pay set to match degree level and external experiences and other qualifications. Likely range $50-90k(+) initially. Apply for more information on career paths, promotions, benefits of being a Federal employee, and other related information.