Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates as a member of an inspection team led by a higher-graded specialist, and assists in the planning, and conducts a limited segment of a major investigation or a small investigation where the exposure and type of hazard and unsafe working conditions is predictable in advance.
- Conducts research and studies records and files covering mishaps, injuries, and equipment maintenance data.
- Identifies areas in need of immediate corrective action or conditions which are of imminent danger to life or limb.
- Communicates worksite findings with higher-graded specialist or team lead.
- Assists in the documentation of conducted portions of investigation to help support a legally sufficient case.
- Studies records and files covering mishaps, injuries, and equipment maintenance data.
- Assists in investigating mishaps resulting in fatalities or injuries and serious incidents.
- Compiles and prepares a variety of recurring reports as directed by the specialist’s supervisor.
- Assists in planning and conducting portions or limited inspections or compliance reviews (or independently conducts inspections of business establishments and worksites whose operations are generally characterized by the presence of moderately stable, low-risk processes or some higher hazards or unsafe working conditions or technically difficult operations which are covered by specific written guidelines) in establishments and worksites.
- Identifies areas in need of immediate corrective action or conditions which are of imminent danger lo life or limb.
- Inspects worksites, machine and equipment operations, environmental conditions, work practices, protective devices and equipment, and safety procedures.