Careers at The U.S. General Services Administration
Are you interested in an entry-level federal government job in NYC? Do you want to make an impact while enjoying flexible work schedules, fantastic benefits, and enriching career development opportunities? Join our team at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and find out why we’re one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government!
GSA is often described as the government’s Landlord & Business. Our core mission is to help federal agencies buy smarter, reduce their real estate footprint, provide efficient, cost saving technology and create a better, faster federal government. Our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, which makes us a great place to start, build, and expand your career!
We are currently recruiting for multiple positions in the following career tracks. Please note that each position below falls under a business line within our agency:
Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) focuses on procuring goods and services for the rest of the federal government. This organization has the following positions available:
- Contract Specialist: As the federal government’s premiere contracting agency, GSA is the ideal place for candidates interested in a contracting career. Contract Specialists will have opportunities to work on a host of contracts in various programs that support the entire federal government. Contract Specialists perform the full range of policy-related work, price analysis, cost analysis, contract negotiation, administration, and termination. Some examples of contracts include the Airline City Pair Program, which provides negotiated airline rates to meet the government’s air travel needs; the FAS Program Management Office of Emergency Management, supports disaster relief; and GSA acquisition solutions support sustainability initiatives by selling a wide array of green products and sustainable solutions. Contract Specialists work in conjunction with Contracting Officers and play an integral role in GSA’s acquisitions.
- Program Analyst: Program Analysts have a unique and versatile opportunity to touch all aspects of GSA’s business. As a program analyst, one will have the chance to perform a wide variety of analytical assignments in the form of projects, research, and other initiatives that impact many of GSA’s diversified programs. Program Analysts are involved in strategic planning initiatives that drive positive business actions, they gather and analyze data to help management make strategic business recommendations, and they help the agency influence customer solutions across the federal government.
- Project Manager: Project Managers work on a wide array of assignments. They determine appropriate products and services with clients or customers to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables. Project Managers also develop, modify, and provide input to project plans. They implement plans to meet objectives, while also coordinating and integrating activities. One can expect to manage, lead, and administer project resources as well.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is a component of GSA that provides leadership in strategic planning, budgeting and financial management. This organization has the following position available:
- Financial Management Analyst: Financial Analysts work closely with GSA’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) as well as financial offices within the business lines. The OCFO is responsible for preparing and administering the agency’s $36 billion dollar budget, financial plans, legislation, and regulations, as well as managing more than 30 GSA funds. In addition to maintaining internal financial operations, the OCFO provides reimbursable payroll, accounting, and financial services to other government agencies. Applicants interested in pursuing an exciting career in GSA’s federal financial management community will gain hands-on work experience involving the agency’s major financial initiatives and operations.
The Office of the CIO, known as GSA IT, is a component of GSA that provides staff with technology that is ever changing to provide better productivity, mobility, agility and cost savings. This organization has the following position available:
- IT Specialist: IT Specialists gain experience in technical and project based management on various innovative solutions. They work to provide GSA and customers with cloud-based software, IT training, support, and technology solutions. IT Specialists work on a vast array of initiatives such as collaboration platforms, mobile work solutions, security, and modernizing internal and external infrastructures. One can expect to provide leadership and guidance in how to use user research findings to influence software product development.
GSA employs nearly 12,000 employees nationwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, we have 11 regional offices located across the country; Atlanta, GA, Auburn, WA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City, MO, Lakewood, CO, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC.
What We Offer:
- Orientation Session, an engaging orientation designed to provide information on program components, requirements, roles and responsibilities, and other essential information
- Technical training
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions while in the program
In addition, you will receive a wide array of benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules & telework opportunities
- Multiple health insurance plans & life insurance
- Vacation, sick leave & 10 paid holidays
- A monthly transit subsidy
- An outstanding retirement plan
Who We Are Looking For:
Talented, motivated students who are looking to build their career at GSA, and who:
- Will graduate no later than June 30, 2022
- Will be available to start work no later than August 2022
- Have graduated within the past 2 years (or within 6 years for eligible veterans)
- Are U.S. Citizens (As a federal agency, all of our employees must be U.S. Citizens
How to Apply:
Submit a resume in response to this job posting by Wednesday, October 27th.
You will then be invited to a virtual information session where you will receive additional information on how you will formally apply to the position via USAJOBS.
The United States General Services Administration (GSA) is a Federal Government Agency.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application will be made on a case-by-case basis. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.