As an Attorney Advisor (Gen) at the GS-0905-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Research and provide interpretation of the disaster loan program’s laws, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures to provide guidance and support to program managers and loan officers.
- Review draft loan authorizations for all loans, as required, and for cases involving non-routine conditions, facts or other circumstances.
- Ensure loan application compliance with legal requirements, eligibility, capacity, and authority of the borrowers to incur debt, validity of proposed pledge of collateral etc.
- Use computer based systems to identify if all needed loan closing documents are received and to provide necessary instructions for proper creation of documents by others.
- Address inquiries and concerns of borrowers and their authorized representatives regarding legal issues and requirements of closing and legal basis of various terms, conditions and collateral requirements
- This position was previously advertised under announcement number EXC-20-057-PDC-10755112. If you previously applied under EXC-20-057-PDC-10755112, you DO NOT need to reapply under this announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee’s residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both.
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-09: To qualify you must have completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD).
GS-11: To qualify you must have completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD); AND have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-09 level in the Federal service practicing law.