The Compounding Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision and direction of a licensed pharmacist. In this position you are responsible for making compounded sterile preparations following standard operating procedures set forth by current good manufacturing practices. You will also be responsible for maintaining the compounding suite, and appropriately documenting throughout the process.
- Consistent with meeting established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment
- Use USP797 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Compound both acute and specialty medications
- Maintain pharmacy clean room in a clean, organized manner according to SOPs
- Responsible for clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Pharmacy technician with an eye for detail and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- May need to assist with other areas of the pharmacy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 10 am – 6 pm, including the flexibility to work overtime as needed by the business. Employees work rotating shifts and rotating weekends.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- 1+ year of previous IV Compounding experience
- Home infusion experience
- 2+ years of Pharm Tech Experience
- Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent standing, lifting, sorting of paperwork, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, requires attention to detail
- Position requires long periods of standing and lifting up to 15 pounds
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.