The Tournament Operations intern works in conjunction with the members of the Tournament Department. Intern will assist with all aspects of departmental support and will assist in the promotion and administration of all VSGA Championships, qualifiers and events. Duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist with promotion and administration of the Junior Golf Circuit.
- Provide on-site support at various VSGA qualifiers, Championships and USGA qualifiers.
- Administer one or more VSGA Championship qualifiers as the official in charge.
- Administer one or more VSGA One-Day Events as the official in charge.
- Assist with the administration of the men’s and women’s VSGA Player Rankings.
- Assist with in-office administration and customer support regarding all VSGA events.
- Create and schedule e-mail communication promoting event information and deadlines.
- Create and schedule social media posts while at championships and events.
- Meet and greet customers in a professional, polite, and courteous manner.
- Answer phones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Retrieve, open, and date stamp mail and deliver to appropriate staff member.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Ability to live in the greater Richmond area during internship.
- Willingness to travel and ability to drive company vehicles to tournaments. Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to work early mornings and weekends, when necessary.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, especially Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of golf preferred. PGM students are eligible. PGA professionals/apprentices are ineligible.