Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance. Each of the Berkley companies, or operating units, within Berkley participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product.
Our competitive advantage lies in our long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of our Berkley companies to identify and respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and local customer needs. This decentralized structure provides financial accountability and incentives to local management and enables us to attract and retain the highest caliber professionals.
We have the expertise and resources to utilize our strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
W.R. Berkley Corporation is looking for a summer intern who is interested in accounting and corporate taxes. The right person will be exposed to various tax rules and requirements and gain a general understanding of the use of accounting data in the tax reporting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Excel to organize accounting information and complete required computations
- Work with tax software applications to input data
- Prepare work papers to support computations and figures used in the tax process
- Support tax department with various projects
- Other job duties as assigned
- Degree or pursuing Bachelors/Master’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Project oriented and able to follow directions, work independently and comfortable working with numbers.
- Proficient in Excel