We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Classics, Warner Records, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Legal & Business Affairs team.
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision, participates in the legal and certain related financial and business operations and aspects of the Company, involving negotiations, deals or contracts affecting copyrights, licenses, royalties, fees, claims, settlements, litigation and other related legal and/or business matters.
Here you’ll get to:
- Maintain records, files, contacts, documentation, etc.
- Provide administrative support to two attorneys.
- Prepare agreements and files for briefing.
- Assist, gather and review supporting materials for agreements including song information.
- Prepare check requests and complete necessary documentation.
- Schedule, coordinate, and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, prepare and process expense reports, and travel itineraries.
- Prepare, transcribe, and process correspondence, reports, status reports, forms of contracts, agreements, licenses, memoranda, presentation material, and other related matters of confidential and/or complex nature.
- Process incoming mail and correspondence; preparing outgoing mail.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Rockstar candidates will be able to/have:
- A high school level education is required
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible office experience, preferably within a legal department in a music publishing or related business preferably within a legal department, performing administrative functions.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
- Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
- Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced emphases in WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- General office practices, typing, filing, office appliance operations.
- Be resourceful.
- Pay strong attention to detail / detail oriented.
- Be energetic.
- Self-starter and posses a strong work ethic.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Takes ownership of work assigned.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- A baccalaureate degree, augmented by course work in music publishing law and business.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.