Marketing and Communications Intern- Wheel It Forward
Wheel It Forward is a new non-profit based in Stamford, Connecticut. While we are growing rapidly, we are always seeking new ways to reach donors and borrowers. The role of the Marketing and Communications Intern would be to help grow Wheel It Forward’s community and think of innovative marketing tactics. Our team is small, so we are looking for a self-starter who can work independently.
– Write, edit, and manage weekly newsletter to be distributed to community and prospective donors. This is a brand new initiative, so lots of room for you to get creative and really own the process.
– Brainstorm and implement growth opportunities and marketing tactics–such as through social media, partnering with other local organizations, and more
– Experience working with Constant Contact (or other similar e-mail marketing platforms)
– Graphic design experience preferable
– Strong writing skills
– This is a remote position – you can work from anywhere
– This position is part time, and we can work with you to determine a schedule that is best for you
– This position is for summer 2021 with the potential to continue through the school year
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
About Wheel It Forward:
Wheel It Forward is a lending library for durable medical equipment (DME), where anyone is welcome to borrow equipment for as long as they need – at no cost. Our mission is to create, template and operate a branded lending library where people who need DME can borrow it, and where people who have lightly used DME can conveniently donate it to benefit others, and the environment. Our vision is to change the way Americans from all socio-economic backgrounds think about the availability, use, and reuse of DME – thereby improving quality of life, saving hundreds of millions of dollars, and keeping billions of pounds of DME out of landfills.