Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Create a career that goes in the direction you choose. Get to know opportunity. The Business
Create your future. Our Insurance Consulting and Technology business helps clients improve business performance relating to insurance. We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients measure and manage risk and capital, grow revenue and create competitive advantage.
Explore an opportunity. As an actuarial intern on our Life, or Property & Casualty team, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects spanning product development, financial and risk management, financial modeling and software implementation, and mergers and acquisitions for our insurance firms. Our clients demand leading edge products and expertise; as an analyst with our firm you can expect to gain tremendous exposure to many different aspects of insurance operations.
Love your work. You will work side-by-side with some of the industry’s top consultants while you develop cutting edge technical knowledge and skills and gain experience working with a variety of clients across industries through:
· Assist with the pricing, valuation and development of life insurance products
· Work to develop financial projections of clients’ insurance business
· Document and review own work
· Follow the firm’s Professional Excellence guidelines
· Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities/maintain steady progress through exams
· Build strong relationships internally and with client representatives Assist in creating detailed project plans
· Monitor project progress against deadlines and budget
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
· Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
· Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills and leadership
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills; Excel and Access experience preferred
To search for roles of interest to you, please type the job title or “intern” into the keyword search through the link above. You can modify your search by applying to your location(s) of interest, which we recommend to best align you to a role.