Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking an Academic Outreach Executive to join its Outreach & Communications team. The Academic Outreach Executive will work on developing relationships with academic institutions, faculty and students. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and takes pride in their work and achievements.
- Providing frontline advice, support, resources and vision to academic faculty and department heads
- Making introductions (in person, by email and by phone) to faculty and researchers, providing strategies and exemplars of Wolfram technology resources
- Creating relationships with grad students in technical fields (via forums, groups, etc.) and providing a mechanism for sharing ideas and possible paths forward
- Identifying target university courses that are taught utilizing various technologies
- Encouraging collaborative efforts across departments and working groups at target institutions
- Effectively communicating uncovered and developing opportunities with sales executives
- Identifying research institutions that are using competing or complimentary technologies and building positive working relationships with research directors
- Communicating new features and benefits to faculty and research students (by email, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Above average understanding of the Wolfram technology stack and potential implementations
- Familiarity with academic institutions and research universities
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
Location: Champaign, Illinois, or remote
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.