DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 27th by 5pm
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be the president of UConn? Here is your chance to observe first-hand! Two students will have the opportunity to shadow President Susan Herbst and observe the decisions the president makes on a daily basis.
All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
Viewing the Lead the Pack Preparation Video is strongly recommended.
The video is intended to help students prepare their application material for the Lead the Pack: Job Shadow with President Herbst contest. You will learn how to tailor your résumé and cover letter to stand out and how to replicate this process for future professional development and job opportunities. Before beginning the online presentation please download the Lead the Pack action sheet, job description, and list of action verbs.
How to Apply:
- All applications must be submitted through HuskyCareerLink. If you have not logged into HuskyCareerLink before, review the directions for setting up your account on the CCD website
- After logging into HuskyCareerLink, select the “Jobs” tile that appears on your home screen
- Select the “Job Type” drop down menu and select “Job Shadow”
- Lead the Pack: Job Shadow President Herbst should appear below in a blue tile
- Upload your tailored résumé AND cover letter to be considered for an interview
- After the application deadline selected finalists will be invited to interview for the opportunity
Link to Job Shadow Application (you must be logged into HCL before clicking on the link below): https://app.purplebriefcase.com/pb/myJobs/view/254098
- After application deadline, selected finalists will be invited to interview for the opportunity
- Interviews be held the week of October 30th
- The tentative job shadow date is TBD
For additional questions, please contact Amelinda Vazquez, Assistant Director of Programming, at email@example.com.