DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 3, 2017
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be the president of UConn? Here is your chance to observe first-hand! Two students will have the opportunity to shadow President Susan Herbst and observe the decisions the president makes on a daily basis.
All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
Viewing the Lead the Pack Preparation Video is strongly recommended.
The video is intended to help students prepare their application material for the Lead the Pack: Job Shadow with President Herbst contest. You will learn how to tailor your résumé and cover letter to stand out and how to replicate this process for future professional development and job opportunities. Before beginning the online presentation please download the Lead the Pack action sheet, job description, and list of action verbs.
How to Apply:
- All applications must be submitted through HuskyCareerLink
- If you have not logged into HuskyCareerLink before, review the directions for setting up your account
- Submission instructions:
- Go to career.uconn.edu/huskycareerlink
- Selects the Jobs Icon on your home screen
- Enter Lead the Pack in the Enter a job title field
- Select the Lead the Pack icon at the bottom of the page
- Select apply
- Upload your resume and cover letter
- After application deadline, selected finalists will be invited to interview for the opportunity
- Finalists will be notified on the evening of March 10th and scheduled for interviews
- The tentative job shadow date is Tuesday, March 21st
For additional questions, please contact Amelinda Vazquez, Assistant Director of Programming, at email@example.com.