The math club meets weekly, usually on Wednesdays at 5:45 PM, to listen to talks by local and outside speakers on mathematical topics that are not part of standard undergraduate courses. The background for most talks is calculus and linear algebra, and free pizza and soda are served.
Our club was first established on May 11, 1932 and started meeting monthly in the 1932–1933 academic year. The first faculty advisor was William Fitch Cheney, Jr., who entertained the students with magic tricks before each talk. It doesn’t seem that meetings back then came with pizza.