Find an Existing Research Opportunity
There are many resources to help you find a research team that is actively looking for a new member at UConn, another university, or a company.
Office of Undergraduate Research
- The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is a resource for all undergraduates in all majors on all UConn campuses seeking to enrich their undergraduate experiences through participation in research, scholarship, and creative activity.
- Lincus is a search engine sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research that allows you to identify faculty around the university who are working on topics that interest you. Lincus allows you to run a keyword search on faculty expertise and see how research on a given subject crosses departments, schools, colleges, and campuses.
UConn TIP Technology Innovation Fellows Program
- The TIP Innovation Fellows program pairs UConn students with on-campus UConn startup companies for immersive, real-world STEM or Business research experiences.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- The National Science Foundation funds research opportunities for undergraduate students at universities and companies throughout the country.
International Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Amgen Scholars Program – an undergraduate summer research program in science and biotechnology with possible sites located worldwide.
- Rise Germany – RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Germany offers undergraduate students from North American, British and Irish universities the opportunity to complete a summer research internship at top German universities and research institutions.
- EFPL School of Life Sciences Research Program – we offer international bachelor students eight weeks of lab-immersion during the summer. Join one of our research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland.
Undergraduate Research Programs and Search Engines
Agriculture, Food, & the Environment
- EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORAU) – ORAU posts job opportunities to fill nationwide openings with the EPA’s Office of Research and Development. Each opportunity posting contains detailed descriptions about required skills, degree disciplines, tasks associated with the job, and the ORAU process for submitting an application.
- UConn Extension – UConn Extension is the premiere public engagement program at the University of Connecticut. Extension has eight offices in strategic locations statewide as well as the Sea Grant office at the Avery Point campus and the administrative office on the Storrs campus. Extension programs cover the full spectrum of topics related to food, health and sustainability.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education – ORISE is a U.S. Department of Energy asset that is dedicated to enabling critical scientific, research, and health initiatives of the department and its laboratory system
Arts, Media, & Communication
- Pathways to Science – Communication/Arts & Media– Pathways to Science has a number of research and fellowship opportunities, including some in arts, media, and communication.
Business, Finance, Sales, and Marketing
- Pathways to Science – Business – Pathways to Science has a number of research and fellowship opportunities, including some in business.
- Research at the UConn School of Business – The UConn School of Business has a page detailing the research professors are working on and business research news.
Education and Social Services
- National Center for Education Research – The NCER supports rigorous research that addresses the nation’s most pressing education needs, from early childhood to adult education.
- UConn Neag Research Centers
- The UConn Neag School of Education has 8 research centers in collaboration with external organizations.
- Society for Social Work and Research – The Society for Social Work and Research advances, disseminates, and translates research that addresses issues of social work practice and policy and promotes a diverse, just, and equitable society.
- American Psychological Association – A list of undergraduate research opportunities in psychology and related fields.
Government, Public Administration, Law, and Non-Profits
- UConn Department of Political Science – Faculty and student researchers in the Department of Political Science use field observations and empirical data to test—and sometimes challenge—conventional wisdom.
- UConn Department of Public Policy – UConn public policy research spans boundaries and has real-world impact.
Healthcare and Wellness
- UConn Health Research Program – The Health Research Program offers a pathway into undergraduate research for students with interests in health and the biomedical sciences.
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions – NAAHP lists summer opportunities in the categories of academic research, clinical research, basic science research, translational research, and more.
- Health Career Opportunity Program – HCOP offers summer programs in research for students from diverse groups who are underrepresented in American health care professions.
- American Association of Medical Colleges – The AAMC website lists summer undergraduate research programs throughout the country.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – The CDC has a variety of hands-on, short-term internship programs for undergraduate students still in school. All offer a unique experience in one of many public health fields.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education – A list of current open research opportunities with the CDC.
- National Institutes of Health – The NIEHS Scholars Connect Program (NSCP) is designed to provide a unique opportunity for highly motivated science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused undergraduate students to solidly connect with NIEHS and receive frontier-level training in biomedical research.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- UConn Entrepreneurship – UConn supports every aspect of innovation and business development, from the research that breeds new inventions to connecting entrepreneurs with funding resources and training.
- CT Experiential Entrepreneurship Research Experience for Undergraduates – A 10-week summer integrated, hands on, laboratory research and entrepreneurship training experience for undergraduates.
- Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation – CCEI inspires a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation across all academic disciplines throughout UConn by offering programs that support new venture development, teaching courses that engage students in innovation and new technologies, and connecting the University with the greater entrepreneurial ecosystem within Connecticut.
Science, Data, and Technology
- Pathway to Science – Pathways to Science has a number of research and fellowship opportunities.
- STEM Undergrads – The science.govsite was established to be the primary source for searching Federally-sponsored opportunities for undergraduate students and undergraduate programs in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) areas.
- Data Science Institute – Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is offering data science graduate students and advanced undergraduate students like you the opportunity to join the Data Science Summer Institute (DSSI). Our interns get to work on real problems that really matter to our country.