Are you applying for, or have, an international internship?
If yes, you have the opportunity to apply for The Elizabeth C. Hanson Scholarship which provides up to $1,500 to support students who are pursuing an internship in an international setting or in an organization deeply engaged in international matters. Undergraduates interested in international relations, international political economy, critical global issues, and international culture and institutions are eligible to apply.
- You must be an undergraduate at UConn in good academic standing.
- You must be applying for, or hold an offer from, an internship with an organization deeply engaged in international issues.
- The internship must entail at least 126 hours of work.
- You must enroll in an internship course of at least three credits prior to undertaking the work.
- Internships done abroad must be approved by UConn Education Abroad. Your internship may be part of an existing study abroad program or you may petition to have your internship approved by Education Abroad.
- Create a résumé.
- Write a 500 word (maximum) essay that addresses the following:
- Identify the internship program to which you are applying or for which you have received an offer.
- Describe your responsibilities in the internship.
- Describe the skills, knowledge and experiences that you hope to gain during the internship and explain how they relate to your academic and/or career goals.
- Complete the Application Form.docx.
- Submit the completed application form to the Enrichment Programs office in Rowe 419 or to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 20 at 4:00 pm.
*Information provided by The University of Connecticut Individualized & Interdisciplinary Studies Program*