Are you thinking about your career and long-term goals? Do you want to use what you studied here at UConn in your first job or a career? Are you considering if graduate school is the right option for you?
Here are a few quick steps to help you start answering these questions and learning how your UConn experience is preparing you for your career after college.
- Take a self assessment to learn more about your interests and values and see a sampling of careers that may be a good fit for you
- Join a Career Community to learn about career opportunities in a broad area of interest:
- Attend career events like information sessions and career fairs where you can connect with employers and learn more about available roles
- Utilize Vault to explore broad industries and professions. Vault supplies information on similar professions and gives tips for
- Check out Job Market Insights to view salary information and top companies by location
- Speak to a professional through informational interviewing to learn about a day in the life on the job and to make valuable contacts for your job search.
You may benefit from meeting with a Career Coach to process next steps and get a personal guide for your journey. We can help you out no matter where you are in your process. Scheduling an appointment with a coach can be done through Handshake.