Network with Professionals
Networking with professionals can have many benefits regardless of where you are in your career journey. While it may be intimidating at first, networking is a skill that can be developed over time with practice. Some key steps you can take to start networking with professionals include:
- Set up virtual chats with UConn alumni who share your career interests and/or identities via HuskyLink.
- Develop a profile on LinkedIn to establish a digital presence and keep track of your network through connections.
- Conduct informational interviews to learn from professionals about their career journeys and advice they have for you.
- Complete job shadows to develop deeper relationships with professionals in your field and learn from their expertise.
- Attend networking events to meet other people who are also looking to expand their network.
No matter how experienced you are with networking, we welcome you to schedule an appointment in Handshake with a career coach to discuss and build out your own unique networking plan. Plus, a coach can be a great addition to your network!