Selecting or changing a major can be a challenge for students and a lot of students stress over the possibility of choosing the “wrong” major. In fact, one third of students who have declared a major, change their major at least once. Exploration is a good thing! The Center for Career Development can help you evaluate your possibilities and implications on your future career. Here are some ways to get started:
Here are a few things to get you started:
- Take a self assessment to learn more about your interests and values and see which majors and careers may be a good fit for you
- Learn about what majors exist at UConn using the Major Profiles tool
- Narrow down your options using the Major Elimination Tool
- See what Alumni do with the major you are considering
- The Major Experience (TME) offers a wealth of major exploration tools including career trajectories based on major, the ability to connect with peers in majors on campus, and good courses to take to get a sense of what a major is like.
Not sure what your next steps should be in selecting a major? Schedule an appointment in Handshake with a Career Coach and get a personal guide for your journey!