Find a Job
The job search process can be an overwhelming one at times, especially if you do not know what resources are available to assist you. Let the Center for Career Development make the process more manageable by helping you create a job search plan. Graduate students who are considering academic and post-doc jobs should visit this area for additional resources.
Here are a few things you can do to get you going in the right direction:
- Find top employers within an industry/location or alternative search terms to use within a search on Job Market Insights.
- Search for available positions on Handshake or LinkedIn.
- View featured jobs and blogs related to specific industry-focused groups of interest in Career Communities.
- Attend a career fair to connect with employers and recruiters who are hiring for positions now.
- Build the confidence to negotiate a job offer by learning how to evaluate benefit packages.
A career coach can work with you to identify specific opportunities and help you craft a strategy to apply to jobs, whether or not you are looking for something locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally. You can schedule an appointment with a coach here.