Looking for an internship or co-op is more than typing in a key word and applying for whatever position you find. For the most rewarding experience, take some time determine what you do and don’t want out of the internship or co-op. Here are a few steps to ensure that your experience meets expectations and sets you on the path you want to pursue.
- Take a self-assessment to learn more about your interests and values and figure out what types of internships or co-ops and even careers may be a good fit.
- Research opportunities by networking, using Handshake and LinkedIn, as well as talking to a career coach
- Prepare your application materials which may include a resume and cover letter. The Center for Career Development can help you with that.
- Want credit? Make sure you get the internship approved before accepting the position.
- For tips and strategies for success throughout the process and experience, be sure to check out the From Offer to Exit Student Internship & Co-op Guidebook.
We understand that you have unique needs and circumstances. Our coaches are well equipped to provide additional insights and help along the way. Don’t hesitate to set up a meeting with a coach for a personalized plan for your internship or co-op!