The UConn-TIP Innovation Fellowship Program focuses on connecting UConn students with start-ups from the university to help develop their skills. If you are a STEM or Business Student, Read below for more information on the program and how to apply!
UConn-TIP fellows participate in mentored research with their host TIP company. A UConn TIP startup company helps a discovery or innovation become the next new product or therapy. There are more than 45 UConn TIP startup companies in UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP). These companies are developing and commercializing new technologies in areas like diagnostics, digital health, medical devices, software, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, and more.
Summer Engineering & Innovation Fellowships: The TIP Innovation Fellows Program offers mentored summer research experiences for Engineering students (all majors) with on-campus technology start-up companies. Be a part of the new technologies being developed right here at UConn!
- Undergraduates and Masters’ students, Dec 2020 & May 2021 alumni
- Paid, 10-weeks long, $4,000 stipend for undergrads ($5,000 for Masters)
- Host TIP companies are located in UConn’s technology incubators in Farmington, Storrs and Stamford
- Onsite and Virtual fellowships available
- Workshops & seminars with in-Residence Entrepreneurs
- Networking and presentation opportunities
- Research can evolve into Independent Study or Honors Projects
- Plus, a new program option this year for students interested in patents and intellectual property
- US citizenship or Connecticut residency not required
- Students are responsible for housing, meals, and transportation.
Learn more at one of our drop-in virtual information sessions:
- Wed Feb 10: 12-1 pm https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php? MTID=m59ba2eb54e73f3bb77bff87748ad9906
- Wed Feb 10: 6-7 pm https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=m6b973e0a971b79d50ed7e01666f61dfa
- Thurs Feb 18: 6-7 pm https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=md7f3b9f58cde77ae61f693dfe79b842a
Apply at: TIP Innovation Fellows Program (between Feb 12-Feb 28)