Figuring out how to get involved within sustainability can be hard if you don’t know where to start. Here are a few clubs, local organizations, and events that can help you begin your career journey in sustainability!
Clubs On Campus
- EcoHusky: At their meetings, they cover a wide variety of topics, sustainability, environmental justice, clear energy, and enjoying our natural surroundings.
- Energy and Environmental Law Society: EELS aims to create a community of students, faculty, and practitioners with an interest in energy and environmental law.
- Block and Bridle Club: They are a livestock club that promotes animal agriculture through fun and educational events.
Events Near Campus
2024 Environmental Summit hosted by Connecticut League of Conservation Voter will be taking place on January 23, 2024 from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM at the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford, CT.
This is a unique event designed to bring together citizen advocates, environmental leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts. It will feature panel discussions and informational briefings regarding critical environmental issues in preparation for the 2024 General Assembly session starting on February 8th. Register to attend the 2024 Environmental Summit here.
Organizations Near Campus
- The Acadia Center is a non-profit organization committed to advancing the clean energy future through research and advocacy.
- Green Eco Warriors works to support communities by providing access to science-based education with hands-on learning tools and in-person seminars.
- CT League-Conservation Voters is a non-partisan, statewide, nonprofit organization dedicated to giving our environment a voice at the Capitol.
For more resources for sustainable career paths, join our Sustainability, Conservation, and Energy Career Community!