Storrs Career Coaching
Undergraduate, Master’s, Doctoral Students, Postdoctoral Scholars and Alumni can meet for Career Coaching, Résumé Critiques and Practice Interviews. All appointments are scheduled through HuskyCareerLink powered by Handshake. All current students have an account in Handshake, while alumni must first create one before making an appointment. Directions for setting up an account as well as making an appointment are below.
Please Note: Appointment availability in Handshake is based on your Education Profile. If you are creating a new account, please make sure to fill out your profile information completely before attempting to book an appointment.
Directions for Creating a HuskyCareerLink powered by Handshake account
Using your school email address (or personal email address if you no longer use your UConn email), click here and follow the directions to sign up for a new account. Within two business days from submission of the form, you will receive access to your account. Should you run into any difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, PeopleSoft number, personal email address, phone number and date of birth.
Directions for setting up an appointment using HuskyCareerLink powered by Handshake
- Log into your Handshake account using your NetID and Password
- Once logged in, click on Career Center, top right in the blue bar
- Choose Appointmentsfrom the drop down menu
- In the Appointments screen, select Schedule New Appointment
- Choose a Category: Pick the appropriate campus
- Choose an Appointment Type
- Scroll through the available appointment times
Storrs Campus Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
- If you need to cancel, please do so through HuskyCareerLink at least two hours in advance to allow other students the opportunity to take that time slot.
- If you do not show up for your appointment per the policy guidelines, it will be considered a Missed Appointment and you will receive an automated e-mail notification from HuskyCareerLink powered by Handshake.
- Multiple ‘missed appointments’ in the same semester will necessitate a conversation with the Associate Director, in order to continue accessing career coaching services.
- Questions on how to schedule or cancel an appointment can be directed to the CCD at email@example.com or 860-486-3013.
Career Coaching – Regional Campuses