Looking for a summer internship and hoping to gain more experience in research or innovation in the field of STEM and/or business? The TIP Innovation Fellows Program might be the perfect opportunity for you.
The TIP Innovation Fellows Program offers mentored summer research experiences for STEM and Business students with on-campus technology start-up companies. Be a part of the new technologies being developed right here at UConn!
Who can apply for the TIP Innovation Fellows Program?
- Undergraduates and Masters’ Degree students,
- Alumni who graduated in Dec 2020 & those preparing to graduate in May 2021
How long is this program, what does it entail, and will I be paid?
- This is a 10-week long, paid opportunity!
- Undergraduates will receive a $4,000 stipend and Masters students will receive a $5,000 stipend
- Workshops & seminars with in-Residence Entrepreneurs
- Networking and presentation opportunities
- Research can evolve into Independent Study or Honors Projects
- New option this year for students interested in patents and intellectual property
Where are these companies located?
- Host TIP companies are located in UConn’s technology incubators in Farmington, Storrs, and Stamford
- Onsite and Virtual fellowships available
I think I’m interested but would still like to learn more, how can I do this?
- You can learn more at the following virtual information sessions:
- Thurs Feb 18: 6-7 pm https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=md7f3b9f58cde77ae61f693dfe79b842a
I’m ready to apply – now what?
- Apply at: TIP Innovation Fellows Program(between Feb 12-Feb 28) – https://innovation.uconn.edu/technology-incubation-program/summer-fellowship/