Below is a list of UConn departments that have hosted or currently hire interns. This list is updated annually, as well as adjusted when the Career Center learns of a new opportunity. These opportunities may be paid or unpaid, for credit or not for credit. Depending on department policies regarding payment, work-study funds may be an option for UConn on-campus internships.
Though this list is primarily Storrs postings, opportunities can exist at all five campuses as well as UConn Health. Don’t see a department on the list, but would like to intern with them? Think about a skill you have that can be applied to a project or task that the department oversees. Then reach out to the department and ask for an in-person/virtual meeting to discuss options. See a staff member at the Center for Career Development for ideas on how to professionally approach the department contact.
Departments are listed when there is a dedicated page on their site to student employment/ internship options, so students can see timelines and current openings. In addition, a department might be listed if they have had interns in the past. Others may not have a specific website, but actively hire, so there is a form indicating a current or past internship opportunity.
Agriculture, Food, and the Environment
Arts, Media, & Communication
- Department-Wide Intern – UCTV
- Multimedia Intern -University Communication
- Photography Intern – Nutmeg Publishing
- Digital Design Intern – Nutmeg Publishing
- Web Design Intern – Werth Institute
- Program Development and Marketing Internship – Center for Career Development
- Graphic Design Multimedia Intern – UConn Global Affairs
Business, Finance, Sales, and Marketing
Education & Social Services
Government, Public Administration, Law, and Non-Profits
Healthcare & Wellness
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation – click on Programs for internships
- The Werth Institute – has a list of internship possibilities
Science, Data, & Technology
UConn Only Opportunities:
- Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (multiple programs to explore)
- Innovation Fellowship Program (February application period for summer experience; open to all majors, undergraduates, graduate students, just graduated students)
- UConn Extension Internships (February-March application period, open to all undergraduates)
- UConn and Synchrony Internship (Stamford students only)
- Summer Micro Internship Program (Stamford students only)
- Build UConn
- Global Affairs – Human Rights Institute
Don’t see a department on the list, but want to intern with them? Think about a skill you have that can be applied to a project or task that the department oversees. You can reach out to the department and ask for an in-person meeting to discuss options. See a staff member at the Center for Career Development for ideas on how to professionally approach them. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.