On-campus internships can take place at all of the UConn campuses, including UConn Health. These opportunities may be paid or unpaid; students may choose to earn credit or not for the experience. UConn Only opportunities are ones that are connected to UConn but may not be located on one of the campuses.
Depending on department policies regarding funding and payment, work-study funds may be used for UConn on-campus internships. When a department offers an internship, it may be listed on their own website, could also be posted in JobX (you can use the advanced search tool to just find ‘interns’), and the position may also be listed Handshake (you can search by the word UConn).
Some departments that consistently offer internships each or both semesters are listed below and are hyperlinked to the department’s general page. Our staff reviews and updates these postings periodically, but you should reach out to these departments directly for more information.
Architecture & Construction
Arts, Media, & A/V Technology
Business, Management, & Administration
Education & Training
- Career Consulting and Services Intern – Center for Career Development
- Peer Mentor Intern – Academic Achievement Center
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Intern – Department of Wellness and Prevention
- Health Education Intern – Department of Wellness and Prevention
- Writing Intern – Department of Wellness and Prevention
- Training and Outreach Program Intern – Division of Environmental Health and Safety
Government & Public Administration
Marketing, Sales, & Communication
- Digital Media and Design Intern – Department of Educational Leadership
- Event Management Intern – Department of Educational Leadership
- Social Media Assistant – Department of Educational Leadership
- Alumni Events Intern – UConn Foundation
- Game-Day Marketing Intern – Department of Athletics
- Marketing Intern – Jorgenson Center for the Performing Arts
- Social Media Intern – University Communications
- Writing Intern – Nutmeg Publishing
- Graphic Design Multimedia Intern – UConn Global Affairs
- News Intern – University Communications
- Social Media Intern – UConn Global Affairs
- Program Development and Marketing Intern – Center for Career Development
UConn Only Opportunities:
- Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (multiple programs to explore)
- Innovation Fellowship Program (February application period for summer experience; open to all majors, undergraduates, graduate students, just graduated students)
- UConn Extension Internships (February-March application period, open to all undergraduates)
- UConn and Synchrony Internship
Don’t see a department on the list, but want to intern with them? Think about a skill you have that can be applied to a project or task that the department oversees. You can reach out to the department and ask for an in-person meeting to discuss options. See a staff member at the Center for Career Development for ideas on how to professionally approach them. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.